Top Ten Characters in Books I'd Like to Be BFF's with:
This list was harder to complete than I thought it would be. In no particular order:
1. Elizabeth Bennett (I wanted to BE her) -- from Pride & Prejudice -- because she's intelligent, rational, beautiful, confident, and can speak easily to others.
2. Fitzwilliam Darcy -- from Pride & Prejudice -- because he's handsome, rich, willing to recognize his faults and try to change them, loves without regard, kind, generous
3. Ender Wiggins -- from the Ender's Game "trilogy" -- because he's intelligent, clever, wounded, and stalwart
4. Nancy Drew -- from the Nancy Drew series -- because she's awesome
5. Scout Finch -- from To Kill A Mockingbird -- because she's outspoken, unafraid, curious, has a strong moral compass, and has fun
6. Hermione Granger -- from the Harry Potter series -- because she's intelligent (I see a theme, here), loyal, confident, always prepared, and can do magic
7. Thursday Next -- from the Thursday Next series -- because she's willing to learn, admit her faults, believes in true love, has the coolest uncle, and can jump into books
8. Skeeter Phelan -- from The Help -- because she has a goal and goes after it, is willing to take risks for something that's right that she believes in, and recognizes her worth
9. Alice Cullen -- from the Twilight series -- because she's loyal, has great taste in clothes, is a best-friend type person
10. Gale Hawthorne -- from the Hunger Games series -- because he's loyal, caring, respects boundaries (even when he doesn't like them), and can take care of me if the world comes to an end.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.