Sunday, January 9, 2011

A 7th Book Challenge

I've added a 7th Book Challenge for 2011. I know...I'm asking for it. I have such high expectations for my reading goals this year. I've already read three books in the first week. But I just found this: The TwentyEleven Challenge from Bart's Bookshelf. The goal is to read 20 books in 11 different categories (maximum of two books per challenge). I have ideas for the books I'm going to read, but others will require more thought. Here are the categories:

1. To YA or not YA -- if you read mostly adult books (like me), then you would read a YA novel, and vice versa. This will be easy to accomplish because I've added a lot of YA books to my to-read list this year.
2. ...With A Twist -- choose a sub-genre you don't normally read.  I need to think about this one.
3. Hot Off the Presses -- read a book published in 2011.
4. It Wasn't Me! -- choose a book published based solely on the recommendation of another blogger. Easy peasy. This is how many books have been added to my TBR pile.
5. Show It Who Is Boss! -- choose a book already in your TBR pile. Again, easy. There are a lot. Many of which I've started but got sidetracked by another book.
6. Bablefish -- choose a book translated into your native language. Interesting.
7. Will Power? What Will Power? -- Read a book you BOUGHT NEW in 2011. Library books and used books don't count.
8. Mind the Gap -- Do you need one more book to complete a trilogy/series? Get it and read it.  I had an idea for this book, but it's the newest release in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde and will be released this year. I'm not sure this book counts because it can't be the penultimate (next-to-last) read, but I'm not how many more books are planned. I'll have to think about this.
9. Back in the Day -- Reread a favorite or two
10. Way Back When -- Read a book published before you were born
11. Slim-Pickings -- Choose a book between 90-150 pages long

No comments:

Post a Comment