Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Bed is My Friend

Every year, my family comes together to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. My oldest younger brother and his family live about 40 minutes away. My youngest younger brother and his son live with me, and my Mom lives beside me. Yesterday, everyone was over at my house (my house isn't very big). The celebration started at 5:00, but I didn't finish getting everything ready until 6:00. My day started at 8:00 in the morning and didn't end until 11:00 at night when everything was cleaned up.  It was a long day. It was a great day. But as a person with Multiple Sclerosis, it was a day that did me in.

This morning, Christmas morning, I dragged myself out of bed to watch Sammy open his stocking and gifts from Santa and his Dad and Mom. He's 3-1/2, and it's the first year he really understands Santa and Christmas. And then I went back to bed. I managed to get lunch, but then went back to bed. My Mom (who just had her hip replaced a month ago) came over and made dinner (open roast beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes-yumm!). If you can't tell, my energy level today was ze-ro. Spending fifteen hours on my feet, running around all day was too much. I used to be able to do it, and then do it again the next day. I'm getting old before my time. Thankfully, I had no plans for Christmas, except with my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment