Thursday, December 30, 2010

Turning Off Autopilot

I had high expectations for 2010. I made plans. But almost nothing was accomplished. This past year, my life was on autopilot. In 2011, I'm taking my life back. I'm not going to let things just happen to me. I'm going to take control of my surroundings and the people in it. Starting with my ex, or rather my soon-to-be ex-husband.

My first act of taking hold of the reigns was filing for divorce. In NC you have to be separated for a year before you can file. We separated three years ago. I never filed. I kept waiting for the right time. Why? There's no good reason I can think of. I finally asked myself, "is this important to you?" Well, yes, it is. "So why aren't you making it a priority?" Ummmmmmm. I FINALLY filed on December 9. He was served on the 17th. We have to wait 30 days to petition the court for a date. My lawyer expects the divorce to be finalized around February 3rd. We will have been officially married (including the separation) for 9 years and 4 months.

I have resolutions for the coming year, I just haven't organized them yet. If you were to ask me what they are, I could probably tell you a couple, but I'm pretty sure I have more. I'm going to dedicate the first week of the new year to writing down my resolutions. Each one will have a blog post, I just don't know how many there will be. They'll probably look a lot like last year's resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment